background

Monday, March 6, 2017

Sparkle for your birthday . . .

Happy Monday All!
It's been a slow start to my crafting day today but finally I got around to making a card that has been on my mind.  

A few weeks ago I spotted a CAS style card out in blogland that I thought I would like to case ... THEN my computer started messing up and before I could save the link to pop back to and give credit to, I had to shut my system down and lost the link.  So, now I only have my memory to rely on (not good!  lol).

Here is my card which is similar to the one that caught my attention.
I struggle with CAS design style but I think the butterfly helps ease my pain of 'too much white space' LOL.


The card I was inspired by had Happy Birthday stamped 3 times
with a smaller butterfly accent.  But after just watching a video and refreshing
my memory on this glitter inlay technique that was the direction I took.

I stamped the sentiment 3 times, but my butterfly was a bit large and covered (in my estimation)
too much of the last sentiment line so I added the stamp two more times at the top.
There ... that's better!!  LOL


If you know me at all, you know I DO NOT LIKE working with glitter!!
It always turns out SO PRETTY but yikes ... what a mess it makes ...
or should I say "I MAKE!"

A few challenges I'd like to share in today are:
Make It Monday Challenge #41 - Colors of the Rainbow
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Make your own background

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you have a fabulous week ahead!
Meeting a couple girlfriends for breakfast tomorrow 
so I'm looking forward to that!

As always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Pink cs
Stamps/Ink:  Impression Obsession / Tim Holtz distress inks: 'Salty Ocean', 'Wilted Violet', 'Picked Raspberry'
Dies:  Elizabeth Craft 'Butterfly Silhouette' #704, 'Butterfly Overlay 1' #705
Accessories:  Gary's Ultra Fine Glitter: 'Burgundy, Royal Blue, Purple', Dimensional tape, Scor-Tape sheets


12 comments:

  1. Oh I love all of the pretty ink colors you used and that gorgeous butterfly covered in pretty glitter too! Beautiful CAS card! I bet you sparkle lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty. I really like that stamp. It's a great font. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card!! That butterfly is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CAS cards are hard for me as well! I am a "pile it on" kind of person! (smile) - Love your take on white space and that gorgeous butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and such pretty glitzy colors (I am going to make you a 'glitter'groupie' yet...lol)...that butterfly is so PRETTY!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess it's true that practice makes perfect 'cause you're getting pretty perfect at this CAS thing! It's hard to stop, though, isn't it? If your card is A6 I can see how you might need the extra "happy birthdays", anyway. Pretty use of glitters on the butterfly. I'm like you when it comes to the glitter mess. I hardly ever use anything other than Stickles, but there are things you can do with powder glitters that you can't do with Stickles. I do have some colored glitters I need to use. You did an amazing job with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful butterfly on your card! Love how you did the sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card! I love the repetition of the sentiment in different colors. And that butterfly is just lovely! Thanks for playing with us over at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the sparkle with the glitter, I do understand the mess it is but it looks so pretty with it. Bummer about your computer giving out on you but I would say you did a pretty job anyway. Hope your time out with friends was nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea to make the background out of sentiments. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very striking card. Love the glittery butterfly. Thanks for joining us at the Make My Monday Challenges. All the very best. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene