Saturday, March 11, 2017

The color of Spring . . .

Happy Saturday All!
You know Spring is right around the corner when the outside
begins to 'green up' (as my dad used to say!).

Today I'm joining in a few challenges and created another birthday card for
my Spring craft show.  Hope you like it!


My basic design came from the sketch challenge at My Time to Craft.  Although, it is just now that I see that little word 'text' written up the right side.  So, not sure if my card will qualify or not!  Dang!    Oh well ... at least it was a good start for today's share!


There are a lot of 'green' challenges to play in this time of the year with it being St. Patty's Day month so I used that for my choice of color.    I created a background panel using Ken Oliver Color Burst (Ultramarine Blue & Pthalo Green) for my butterfly.  I thought I had enough green but as it dried the blue became more prominent.  Beautiful just the same!


I actually created two butterflies using the Elizabeth Craft #704 Butterfly Silhouette and #705 Butterfly Overlay 1 dies.  I simply die cut both dies from the colorful background paper AND two more from white card stock.  This gave me one butterfly with a colorful background and one with a colorful foreground.  Obviously I chose to use the butterfly with the colorful background and white overlay today.  I'm sure you'll be seeing it's counterpart on another creation before long! 


I'm also going to try and get in the habit of completing the inside of my card as I'm making it (as I've done today).  Otherwise I end up with a mountain of cards that need the insides all completed at one time.  Which usually means I rush through them to get them finished and in my sale boxes in time for upcoming shows.  Not a good thing!

Challenges to share in:

Crazy 4 Challenge - Moth or Butterfly
Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #159 - Show me the Green w/Ribbon-Trim
Kitty Bee Designs Challenge #90 - Living Things with Wings
Crafty Catz Challenge #361 - ATG w/ twist using mainly green

Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you're having a great weekend!
As always . . .




Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Old Graphic45 Solids & Patterns 6x6 pack, DCWV Emerald Garden 12x12 pack
Stamp / Ink:  Hero Arts / Versafine Onyx
Dies:  Sue Wilson Happy Birthday #CED5406, Elizabeth Craft Butterfly Silhouette #704 & Butterfly Overlay1 #705
Accessories:  Really Reasonable Ribbon green satin ribbon, green sequins, Ken Oliver Color Burst 'Ultramarine Blue' and 'Pthalo Green'



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.