Saturday, April 22, 2017

A City Crafter Casing . . .

Hello my friends and Happy Weekend!

What a busy week I have had and I have another busy week next week!
I have one good friend from NC coming to visit with me all week and another awesome friend from ILL coming the end of the week for a few days.  The Adventures in Stamping is next weekend so we will all be attending and hopefully doing some amazing crafting with our goodies!  I can't wait ... going to be fun crafting with these friends again!

Anyways, I've shared so little on my blog this week that I wanted to create something new and share it with you today.  Last week I played in the 'casing' challenge over at City Crafter Challenge Blog when I created THIS fun card casing Ros's card.  Today I'm casing this sweet CAS card created by Stella.  
 
City Crafters is celebrating their 7th anniversary and they are having a CASE ME IF YOU CAN challenge for seven weeks where you case one of the DT ladies cards.  Sadly I missed the very first casing challenge but I hope to do the rest of them.  I love being inspired by other crafters and this is an awesome way to get your mojo going.  Here's what I came up with.


Anyone who knows me knows I don't do a lot of CAS (clean and simple) designs.   I prefer more layers, embellishments, scenes ... that sort of style but I must admit every time I case someone's CAS design I'm always pleased with the outcome.

I pretty much stayed true to Stella's design with the exception of using a die cut sentiment which I double layered for a shadow effect.  In fact, while I was downloading my photo I realized Stella had a little star on her balloon so I quickly added a sequin and redid the photos.  I have a variety of baker's twine which I rarely think to use ... so this was yet another wonderful inspiration element to today's creation.


I sponged a little blue ink around the edge of the clouds to make them stand out a bit.  Also, I've added dimensional tape to the middle size cloud and balloon for added dimension.  What a fun creation this was to make ... thanks Stella!!

As I mentioned, I have guests coming so I'd better quit playing around and get my house in order lol!  After all, I will be busy having fun all next week so I'd best get my house cleaning done now ... Lord knows when that will happen again!!  LOL  
(priorities ya know!)

Challenges to share in:

Thanks so much for stopping by!  
Hope you're having a fabulous weekend!
As always . . .

Recipe:

Papers:  White cs, Red cs, Recollections grey polka dot dp
Dies:  Impression Obsession ' Clouds', Impressions Obsession 'Balloons', Tutti Designs 'Happy', Tutti Designs 'Birthday'
Accessories:  Dimensional tape, sponge dauber, TH broken china distress ink, Baker's Twine, sequin, Nuvo white crystal drop


13 comments:

  1. Love that BIG bold red balloon! How FUN! A perfect case! Enjoy your visit and your adventure lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet. Great Casing. TFS and joining us at Jo's Scrap Shack

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute and very fun too!
    TFS,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great 'case' on the card...you sure are having fun with this...and doing a great job as well...so FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fun card, lovely colours, thanks for sharing with us at MTTC this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. And still you find time to craft! You made this so cute, Darlene. Good idea to shadow the words so they stand out on the polka dots. Really love the red and gray. The sequin on the balloon is a cute accent. Enjoy your busy week! It sounds like it's going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should create CAS cards more often because you nailed my card and it's the ultimate CASE! I am in awe; this is stunning! Wow! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect CASE of Stella's card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! I love your choice of colors! Thanks for joining us at Jo's Scrap Shack! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card and I love the big red balloon. Thank you for participating over at Brown Sugar Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello…. You have made a lovely card…. Thanks for entering it into the ‘Anything Goes’ challenge at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck in the draw and we would love you to join us again for our next challenge.
    [Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  12. very cute, I love the sequin on the balloon, neat idea and great shadow on the sentiment... sounds like you have a lot of fun coming your way enjoy the time with the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your take on the CASE a Designer.. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Jo's Fun Friday. AJ DT JSS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene