Thursday, June 8, 2017

Fun with a Crafting Buddy!

Hello Dear Friends!
WOW!  What a fun whirl-wind week I have had!
As a lot of you know, my crafting friend Bette from Illinois came to Ohio to visit me for a few days and I'll tell you, we packed in a lot of shopping, eating, crafting and technique sharing in those couple of days! 
Today I'm meeting a few of my 1st cousins for lunch an hour & a half away from here but before I need to get on the road I wanted to show at least one project Bette shared that I really enjoyed!
Update:  Here's the group I met with today ... FIVE are 1st cousins and 2 are friends.

Bette knows I make a TON of tissue box covers that I sell at the few shows I do each year (one of my best sellers) and she thought this would be a good idea for the guys!  They use tissues too ya know ... lol ... but don't like those 'flowery - girly' boxes sitting on their desk or work space!
What do you think of this?  
Cool huh!!!


The decorative panels were created using bronze shiny paper, Tim Holtz Adirondack alcohol inks and a Darice Gears embossing folder!  Even though I have had alcohol inks in my stash for years, I haven't used them in quite awhile so it was nice to blow the dust off them and get dirty!  The bronze shiny paper I had on hand is from Hollo's Paper Company and is already cut to 4x6 size.  Which was fine for the side panels because they are 4 x 4 1/4 but the lid which I usually cut to 4 1/2 square had to be 4" square which left more room around the outside edge than I like so I simply decorated it a bit with bronze Stickles.


The colors Bette sponged onto the bronze paper was Butterscotch, Cranberry and a touch of Lettuce.  I really love the overall look!  She also brought along her Elizabeth Craft #962 Hardware Hinges that we die cut from the same bronze paper and placed on all corners ... what a great idea ... PERFECT finishing touch!



Thanks Bette for this fabulous idea ... I will be doing more like this for my Fall show.

Challenges to share in today:

CropStop May Challenge - ATG using product carried in their store (Elizabeth Craft)
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Make it Masculine
Dream Valley Challenge #157 - More than one fold

Other things Bette & I did . . .

FOOD:
  • Introduced Bette to Mediterranean food (hummus, grape leaves, chicken schwarma)  ... she loved it!!
  • Enjoyed homemade tuna salad on muffins out on the deck for lunch (made with my homemade piccalilli)
  • Strawberry Shortcake for dessert (not once but TWICE ... yummmm)
SHOPPING:
  • Hollo's Paper Company, Brunswich, Ohio  (her car was LOADED with paper product! ... excellent prices)
  • Hobby Lobby, Pat Catan's, Michael's, JoAnns
CRAFTING:
  • LOTS OF DIE CUTTING & EMBOSSING!
  • Alcohol inks
  • Tim Holtz new Oxide inks
  • Nuvo Crystal Drops
  • Shaker Cards
  • Tissue Box Covers
I am so blessed to have so many crafting friend far and near to share my hobby with!  It's always a fun experience learning from each other and sharing!  Okay I've kept you long enough this morning ... time to get a couple things done before headed out for lunch!  

Thanks for stopping by!
As always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.