Friday, June 30, 2017

Wish You Were Here . . .

Hello Friends!
Before all the 4th of July festivities begins, I wanted to play along
with the fun challenge over at the Pause Dream Enjoy blog where the theme is

Ch# 179 Summer Fun

Optional: Fun Fold Cards


I really had fun creating my background using some of the new Tim Holtz oxide ink colors, masking medium and a paint brush.  After the panel was dry, I went in with another paint brush and added Delta Creative 'Ceramcoat Pearl Finish' to create the waves in the ocean and shoreline.  Here's a better photo so you can see the waves.


And, as you can see I made an EASEL card  for the optional 'fun fold' portion of the challenge.  I was going to use seashells to for my front panel to rest upon but then spotted this cute 'Memory Box Sandal Border' and thought 'How Fun would that be!' ... I'm kind of a flip flop junkie!!  LOL


I die cut my flip flop border 6 times, coloring only one of the panels using a variety of Spectrum Noir alcohol markers then glued them all together ... looks so cool in real life!  LOL

And, here's the card closed.


Well, it's time to make the Grilled Chicken Salads for dinner so I'd better get moving!

Challenges to share in:
City Crafter Challenge #368 - Let's Go Outside and Play

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
As always . . .



Recipe:
Papers:  Ivory 110# cs
Inks:  Tim Holtz oxide distress inks: Broken China, Amber, Vintage Photo, Faded Jeans, Worn Lipstick
Dies:  Impression Obsession 'Adirondack Chairs #DIE177, Impression Obsession 'Umbrella' #DIE181, Memory Box 'Sandal Border' #98332
Stamps:  (OLD) Flourishes 'Beach Life', Stampscapes 'Crane in H2O' #163A, Stampendous (seagulls)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.