Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Sisterhood of Crafters - Where in the World!

Hello Friends!
It's time once again for a new challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters and 'Sistah' Diane is our hostess today!  She has come up with a unique and fun theme for her challenge to you this time around.  Check it out . . .

Where In The World
.... anything that represents the part of the world, country and/or state where you live...what fun!


I was born and raised in the Pittsburgh, PA area and that is where most of my family still resides.  But, it is really close to the Ohio state line and several family members have 'crossed the border' into Ohio over the years.  Including one of my sisters and my daughter.  Hubby's job brought us to Ohio (Toledo to be exact ... then Akron) so I guess we have been transplanted into Ohio too!  LOL

My card represents just a few of the 'high points' about Ohio.

Known for their 'THE Ohio State University', I have downloaded their logo paper from the internet to use as my background.  The Ohio silhouette also came from the internet.
The State Bird is the CARDINAL (sorry I couldn't find a cardinal die in my stash so just pretend that's what this bird is ... okay?  LOL
The State Flower is the SCARLET CARNATION ... I have used the Elizabeth Craft 'Bunch of Flowers 4' to create my cluster of carnations.

I think this will be a fun challenge to learn more about all the amazing people out in blogland that share this wonderful paper crafting / cardmaking hobby!   I hope you'll come join us!

As always . . .

14 comments:

  1. adorable! I am a transplant, too!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Dar with all your Ohio elements!! Your carnations are beautiful and so creative! It was/is a fun challenge and I hope we get many entries as it is so much fun reading all the 'sistahs' creations, let alone the ones to come...anywho...you certainly nailed the challenge with your lovely card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GO Buckeyes! Okay, just kidding. I'm a Florida Gator fan. But oh how I do love the Ohio State Marching band. Who wouldn't? I also enjoy watching their games, too.

    Lovely card. I wish we had some collegiate color challenges around blog land when college football starts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Darlene! First of all, your card is beautiful! I would never have thought to get logos off the internet so will store that idea for next time. Ohio has been part of my past as well - I lived in the suberbs of Columbus as a child and then outside of Youngstown for a few years before we moved to Michigan. We were in Pittsburgh often and have wonderful memories there. Thank you for the very warm welcome to the Sisterhood. I really look forward to getting to know you all while playing with your super challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so bright and festive it just makes me smile. I love the red bird!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Dar. This is gorgeous. Love the background paper. The cardinal with the flowers are the perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your creation and that background paper is awesome. Isn't the internet a wonderful thing? So much out there, especially for crafters. This is over-the-top creative, just wonderful. Now I must go look at all the entries. What a fun challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so clever, this card shows just how much. It is marvelously awesome and I love it. I think I will enter for my state, you have given we some great motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did such a beautiful job of combining all the elements of Ohio together :) I know what you mean, I grew up in Michigan and have lived all over with my hubby being in the Air Force and we are now in Illinois but I still feel like home is Michigan even though we have lived her for over 10 years now

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohio likes red! I like red, too. Maybe I should come there. Oregon's state flower is the Oregon Grape, which is purple. You like purple. What a beautiful card to represent your state! You made gorgeous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Love the flowers and card design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What cool background paper! Love how you tied all the Ohio things together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card, love your ingenuity to create the background and flower. Do you know Toledo is also a very beautiful Medieval city near Madrid (where my hubby is from). So glad to be on the same DT team with you at The Sisterhood of Crafters!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene