Saturday, August 19, 2017

Fun in the Sun . . .

 . . . enjoy it while & when you can!

Happy Saturday Afternoon Everyone!
There have been a few challenges brought to my attention
that I'd like to play along with, so I got busy this morning after breakfast
and here's what I have created to share today.


One of the challenges that caught my attention  is the Cute Card Thursday challenge and their theme is 'Fun in the Sun'.  As soon as I saw the theme I knew that gave me a chance to play with my Tim Holtz oxide inks again to create a 'watery' background panel.    Of course when I think of water, I go right to the blues & greens.  So, that lead me into the next fun challenge and it's over on the Country View Challenge Blog where their theme is Blues & Greens.  The Simon Says Wednesday Challenge rounded out my card with the theme of 'Add A Sentiment'.

Living in Ohio and both hubby & I being very fair skinned (burn to a crisp in no time at all, lol), we don't do the beach very often.  But, when we have, I must admit there is nothing more calming & relaxing than the sound of the waves as well as the warmth of the beach breezes.  


The colors of oxide ink I used for my background today are:
Faded Jeans
Peacock Feathers
Broken China
Lucky Clover 
Cracked Pistachio.

The dies I have used on today's card are:
which were cut four times and adhered together for dimension
Joy! Craft 'Flip Flops'  6002/0171


I hope you're having a fabulous weekend what ever you might be doing!

Here are a few more challenges to share in:
Crafting With Dragonflies - Embossing (wet or dry)
Inkspirational Word Prompt Challenge - Wave (sentiment banner is waved)
Create & Inspire Challenge #65 - Summer
Ike's World Challenge #95 - ATG option/under the sea

Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by!
As always . . .




Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Mint Green cs, Pacific Point Blue cs, Scrap of designer paper (flip flops), Scrap of Olive Drab Green (sea weeds)
Dies:  Listed & Linked above
Inks:  Tim Holtz Oxides listed above, Versafine Onyx
Accessories:  Cuttlebug swirls embossing folder, TH water bottle, heat tool, white glue



20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous,Love the under water scene.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card. Love the background and those flip flops are so stinkin' adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cute card any day of the week! Great fishy scene! I love your added (signature) flip flops! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love the DO inks for watery backgrounds?! Your card is so appealing, I feel like I'm peeking out of a porthole! ♥ the pattern on the flip flops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful and calming with your oxide background combined with the embossing and die cuts! Notice you got some flip flops on there, too! I wish our ocean breezes here were a little more warm. Great job combining three challenges, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card. Love the dies you used.

    Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely beautiful. Love the colors and the flip flops. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...love this!! fabulous design!
    Have a great day!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful summer card, Darlene--very fun & creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Darlene!
    Fantastic card and great summer mood !!
    I'm pleased to invite you to participate here -
    IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES #95 -...under the sea
    http://ikesworldchallengeblog.blogspot.bg/2017/08/ikesworld-challenges-95-anything-goes.html
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card, it speaks to my heart and soul. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great water background and I like how you put a wave into the sentiment banner too, gives a great flow to the card.,, I too burn very easy, my hubby is lucky if he gets a little red it turns right to a tan, mine just peels away and I am white again, summer is getting close to an end too soon, luckily I do love Fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card Darlene! The scene you've created is so cute.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card - I love all the texture and that fish die cut is fantastic. Beautifully put together to make this fab card.
    Thank you for coming along to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.

    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun card with lots of stunning details! Perfect for our challenge.Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational and I hope to see you joining our new challenge "oldie but goodie"!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice ! Thank you for joining my challenge over at Country View Challenges !
    Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. How gorgeous! Thanks for entering our challenge at Create & Inspire this month. Hope you join us again for our next challenge.
    Maria (DT) scrapsdamaryv.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the beach too Darlene, but the chances of being burned over here in the Uk are slim. I love your creation. Great combination of colours. Thanks for joining in with us at Country View Crafts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene