Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Give Thanks . . .

Happy Wednesday Everyone!
It's time for a new challenge over at the Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge Blog.  I'm happy to say I am your hostess for today and the theme I have chosen is

HARVEST HOE-DOWN
(Anything to do with Harvest/Fall time of year ... 
tractors, scarecrows, apples, veggies, cornstalks, sunflowers)

I can't believe we are into August already and that means it's harvesting time of year!
I grew up on a small farm so this was a very busy time of year for us!
All the veggies in the garden were ready for picking and preserving for the cold winter ahead.


My dad had a big red Farmall tractor (like the one in this photo)
Image result for farmall tractor images

that I remember so well.  Even though it was hard work,
we all pitched in and did our part so it wasn't so bad!   I know now that those days
helped shape me into the person I am today!

So today, I pay homage to my growing up years where I learned all about planting, harvesting and home canning along side my Mom, Dad and Sisters.  Nothing tastes better in the winter than to open a jar of our home canned pickles, tomatoes, peaches (and so many others) and enjoy them around the dinner table with my family.


The images I've used on today card are from Crafty Secrets.  Even though they are no longer in business {sad!}, I have a lot of their fabulous products and need to remember to use them.  My sentiment is an Oldie but a Goodies from Stampin' Up (I believe circa 2006) from a stamp set called Country Blessings.

I hope you'll pop over to see what my 'sistahs' have created to inspire you ...
Then come join in the fun ... can't wait to see what you create!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and,
As always . . .





Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, the Paper Studio 'Blue Barn' 6x6 dp, Red cs
Stamps/ink:  Stampin Up/ Versafine Onyx
Accessories:  Crafty Secrets images, Silver Marker, Black Spectrum Noir Marker, Dimensional Foam Tape, TH distresser



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.