Friday, September 8, 2017

What's Up?

Happy Friday All!


Before getting busy with more projects I need for an upcoming show (will share photos soon),  I wanted to join in a couple of challenges I spotted in blogland.  First is the Simon Says STAMPtember Challenge 'Stamp It' , secondly is the new challenge at The Rubber Buggy Challenge Blog


and lastly is the challenge at City Crafter Challenge Blog ... PICK ONE!


 Obviously as you can tell from my card photo, I picked the BLUE swatch and created the background panel using the Tim Holtz Oxide Distress Inks.  The stamping portion was created using a stamp/die set I've had in my stash for awhile and FINALLY got around to creating with it.  That is the Sizzix - Tim Holtz 'Bird Talk 2'.
 

I created the banner using the Sue Wilson 'Stitched Flags' CED4317 set, but I modified it a bit since I wanted it to be longer.  I simply die cut the one end just 3/4 of the way then flipped it around, reinserted the die so it fit in the grooves of the first cut and die cut it only to where they joined but NOT cut through at the end.  I also added a little 'curve' to my flag banner using the handle of an artist brush.

My thoughts & prayers are still with all those folks devastated by Hurricane Harvey and also now with everyone in Florida who are about to feel the wrath of Hurricane Irma!  I have family in FL who have chosen to 'wait it out' ... I pray they made the right decision!!

Other challenges to share in:
 Aud Sentiments Challenge #188 - ATG + Sentiment
Little Red Wagon Challenge #410 - Give Us Your Background
Scrapy Land Challenge #73 - ATG with dies at store

I hope you are having a good Friday!
As always . . .
Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, White watercolor paper, Sky blue cs
Inks:  Tim Holtz Oxide Distress Inks 'Peacock Feathers & Broken China', Versafine Onyx
Accessories:  Sizzix Tim Holtz 'Bird Talk 2' stamp & die set, Cloud 9 Designs Rain Drops, Sue Wilson 'Stitched Flags', Embossalicious 6x6 embossing folder, large sponge dauber, Heartfelt Creations POP UP DOT

13 comments:

  1. Darlene - Great seeing your beautiful card with us for our first challenge for a while at The Rubber Buggy. Love your little bird and your creative technique. Really miss you and can't wait to see your next beautiful card or project with us soon. I agree with lots of prayers to almost the entire US with forest fires, hurricanes, tornadoes, etc. Nancy Hill, Design Team for The Rubber Buggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're just too clever with these challenges, friend! Okay... now I need to try your banner idea. Sounds so easy. My usual way is to make two, join them, and put something over top of it to hide the seam. Total amateur me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable too cute card. Great take using The Rubber Buggy card sketch. Thanks for playing along... hope to see you play along again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card with lovely background, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, I love the design, perfect in all the blues.

    Hope your family in Florida manage to keep in touch over the next few days to reassure you that they are safe. Thinking of everyone caught up in the Hurricanes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely and fun card with that cute TH bird! Great dresign!
    Prayers for your parents and all those are in the hurricane's way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that banner....as we say here in the Boston area, You're Wicked Smaht! I love that crazy little bird, he makes me smile! lol Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card, the little bird is too cute. Thank you for sharing with us at City Crafter :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darn cute card, Darlene! I like how you turned it on an angle, and the bird looks great on it! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome project with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun card and I'm loving the DI background. It is so perfect for our challenge this week. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Little Red Wagon Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. he is too cute, looks great in the blues! Great idea to expand the sentiment banner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute card with that crazy little bird (I have always wanted those stamps and never did buy them..sigh)!! Fabulous background with your 'gettin' inky' technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card !
    Thanks for joining us at Scrapyland challenges blog and good luck !
    Maryvonne DT Member

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene