Friday, August 11, 2017

Wishing You A Happy Birthday

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!

Yesterday, after finally breaking down and going to the Minute Clinic to find out why I still have this horrible cough, (turns out to be allergies and a sinus infection),  I put together two quick birthday cards using two watercolor panels I had created over the past couple of days and were just BEGGING to be used!  
I can't get over how quick, easy & fun creating background panels using the Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks can be.  If I didn't stop myself, all my cards would have a background like these!  LOL


I also decided to use the same Die'sire die cut (DS-EDG-HAP) for both cards, just simply used a larger white card stock panel for one vs the other.  The balloons on the card above were die cut from the Elizabeth Craft 'Balloons' set (#ECD-726) and Nuvo White Crystal Drops were added to the corners. 

The card below was created very similarly.  But by using a larger white panel I felt it needed a little something so I die cut the Poppystamps 'Petal Ribbon' #1414 from a scrap of the same watercolor panel and positioned across the bottom.  That was the only addition and I think it's perfect!   This card literally took me 5 minutes to put together, once I had the watercolor panel created & dried of coure.


 Challenges to share in today are:
 
 Seize the Birthday Challenge - Anything Birthday  (Option Tie One On)
Inky Chicks Challenge #86 - Use a sentiment instead of an image
{PIN}spirational Challenge #196 - Photo Inspiration (colors)
 
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Happy Birthday
CropStop August Challenge - ATG using product carried in their store

Well that's all I have to share with you today.  
I hope you have found some ME time in your schedule this week!
Enjoy your weekend!

As always, thanks for stopping by and . . .


19 comments:

  1. Love these fantastic backgrounds. They make great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both beautiful. I've got to get some of the oxides. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous - that backgrounds looks so rich against the die cut - thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so sorry to hear about your illness, I am covered....COVERED in Poison Ivy....scratch, scratch, scratch....Fabulous birthday cards! Bright and happy, love the colors and dies! Still waiting on y order of 11 Oxide Inks lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I love these! Feel better soon! Thank you for joining us at Connie Can Crop for our monthly challenge! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you will soon be feeling better, those coughs can be so annoying, love your panel, I need to play more with my oxide's too :) I love how you used the flower dies with the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, nothing worse than allergies and sinus. Hope they gave you something to make you feel better. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these cards. I need to find out what colors you used, they are just stunning. I'm pinning both of them. Oh, and I went over to check out that happy birthday die and if course it's out of stock...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous background on this card! Thanks for playing along at CAGI Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  9. These two cards are amazing, Darlene! Fabulously clean and simple with those gorgeous backgrounds. I just love how you used the Petal Ribbon die on the second card. A sinus infection on top of allergies? That sounds miserable! I hope you're getting some relief now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, Darlene! Those oxide inks are so addictive. I find myself reaching for them more often than not. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all 3 of your cards; so, so beautiful! Your choice of colors, esp. for the birthday cards, is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been having allergy/sinus trouble too - no fun!
    Love your oxide background - they are a lot of fun to make an inky mess with!
    Thanks for linking your fun cards up to Cropstop -- so great to see your name in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your beautiful card! The colors on the background and the die cut embellishments are fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Spectacular watercolor backgrounds, really! Amazing colors for die cutting, such beautiful cards! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday challenge!
    xx Ashwini, STB DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card, great water colored background!! Thank you for joining us at Connie Can Crop.

    Sue - Connie Can Crop DT
    https://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Darlene, great background on this card. You really know how to mix them up with this oxide ink technique. I really like the die cut too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Watercooler Wednesday "Birthday" challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love both your cards they are eye-catching and stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous background! I can see how you would want to do it on every card you make. That balloon die is lots of fun - and perfect against your background. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dar I'm just beginning to experiment with Tim Holtz's Oxides and am hooked. Those are incredible backgrounds you've created for both cards. Love the look of the white die-cuts against them. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene